Music in the Meadow
The Trapp Family Lodge concert meadow is the site of the Music in the Meadow concerts. The gently sloping lawn of the concert meadow provides a venue of unparalleled beauty and comfort.
- Vermont Symphony Orchestra, 2019 TD Bank Summer Tour
- Bumper Jacksons
- Ruthie Foster
In case of inclement weather, Music in the Meadow concerts will be held in the auditorium at Stowe High School on Barrows Road. Regretfully, there is no picnicking in the rain site.
Noon Music in May
Stowe Community Church has graciously donated the sanctuary for the Noon Music in May concerts since the beginning of the series in the late ‘70s. This historic and beautiful building houses a restored 1898 Steinway Grand Piano and a W. B. Simmons Tracker organ. The acoustics and the intimate setting are perfect for the small ensembles presented in this series.
- The Revenants, Showcasing compelling, intricately braided vocals, richly textured instrumental work, and solid, innovative rhythm, Bluegrass Gospel Project alums perform original, time-honored and contemporary Americana music
- Chiu-Villafranca Duo, Pianists Ai-Ying Chiu and Laura Villafranca present an all-American program arranged for one piano, four hands. Featuring works by Gershwin, Copland, Bernstein and more
- 8 Cuerdas Duo and the Gaviria & Andreas Guitar Duo, The soprano and classical guitar duo – Sarah Cullins and Daniel Gaviria – and the nylon and steel string guitar duo – Daniel Gaviria and Franky Andreas – celebrate the guitar and its Spanish roots in classical, traditional Latin American folk, flamenco and Latin jazz repertoire
- Craftsbury Chamber Players: Kenji Bunch and Monica Ohuchi (Program details coming soon.)
- Renaissonics, Virtuoso solos, chamber music, dance music and dazzling improvisations performed on handcrafted Renaissance instruments, including violin, ‘cello, recorders, crumhorns, pipe and tabor, and harpsichord
Click here for directions to Stowe Community Church
Gazebo Concerts 2019
The Gazebo on the lawn of the Helen Day Art Center/Stowe Free Library is the setting for another outdoor concert series. While smaller than the Music in the Meadow concerts, it’s just as entertaining. Stowe Community Church is available as an alternate concert site in the event of inclement weather for the Gazebo performances.
Click here for directions to The Gazebo.